The 5 process groups are listed below:
- Initiating: Begins with the project; Processes are performed in the Initiating proces group to define a new project or a news phase of an existing project.
- Planning: Processes in the Planning group establish the scope of the project and define the course of action required to attain the project's objectives
- Executing: Processes in the Executing group are performed to complete the work as specified in the Project Management Plan
- Monitoring & Controlling: Processes track, review and regulate the progress and performance of the project.
- Closing: Ends the project; Processes are performed to formally the close the project or a phase.